Game Launcher Change Log
Version 0.9.8 - 14 May 2002
- Ported to Win32 and Unix.
- Created rudimentary screen saver.
- Added keys to restart and skip current MP3.
- Added pre-/post-commands that are run before/after a game is run.
- Added mouse (trackball and trackwheel) support.
Version 0.9.7 - 22 Nov 2001
Added turbo scrolling to allow much faster scrolling of large numbers
- Added a debug mode to help diagnose configuration problems.
- Log files are backed up and rotated to aid in debugging.
- MP3 volume is now configurable.
Fixed a number of file name comparisons that should have been case
- Ignore "use_extension" if a ROM file is used.
- [SOURCE] Changed MP3 library.
- [SOURCE] Changed JPEG library.
- [SOURCE] Upgraded Allegro library.
- [SOURCE] Upgraded TrueType font library.
- [SOURCE] Upgraded PNG and ZLIB libraries.
Version 0.9.6 - 10 Jan 2001
- Fixed crash if no joystick is detected.
Version 0.9.5 - 25 Dec 2000
- Added joystick support, thanks to Dean Bear.
- Added a utility to generate Game Launcher config files for MAME.
- No longer crashes if an invalid config is given.
- No longer crashes if ROM files are removed between invocations.
Version 0.9.4 - 28 Aug 2000
- Added JPEG support for screen shots.
- Handles long file names properly.
- Speed up initial loading time by as much as 15 times.
- Added option to control volume of sound effects.
Moved saved state information out of config files and into one state
Version 0.9.3 - 29 Jul 2000
Added support for TrueType fonts. The font and size are fully
- Added non-integer scaling of screen shots as an option.
- Made the screen resolution fully configurable.
- Fixed a bug in rotated configurations.
- Fixed a SIGSEGV when no ROMs where found.
Version 0.9.2 - 14 Jun 2000
- Support for rotated (vertical) monitors.
- Added an optional icon next to games with a screen shot available.
- Added options to control menu colors.
- Added options to control animation.
- Added more control over key repeat delays.
- Fixed a bug where the "use_extension" option was being ignored.
- Fixed a bug where "rom_extension" only worked with 1 extension.
- Upgraded to UPX v1.0.1.
- [SOURCE] Cleaned up and re-arranged just about everything.
Version 0.9.1 - 22 Feb 2000
- Made all key mappings configurable from glaunch.cfg.
Fixed segfault on exit when running on slower machines with really low
- Added path_prefix configuration parameter in glaunch.cfg.
- Edited the samples to sound louder.
- Added HTML documentation.
Updated version number to 0.9.1 as it's pretty stable and 1.0.0 should
- [SOURCE] Cleaned up CD_Background class.
Version 0.0.2 - 15 Jan 2000
- First public release.
Added playlist support for MP3s instead of repeating the same one.
- Added support to play audio CDs instead of MP3s.
Changed resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600. Wells-Gardner U3100
doesn't do 1024x768. :( Along with this comes a whole new interface
that (hopefully) looks nicer.
- Used MAME-friendly key mappings.
Game selection under each emulator is as the menu is changed and is
remembered between invocations.
- Support for PNG screen shots.
Fixed segfault while searching for ROMs if a directory exists in a ROM
Version 0.0.1 - 15 Dec 1999
- Created config files for everything.
- Added more robust screen shot support.
Save state information so that it can pick up where it left off
between invocations. This includes current game selected, current
emulator menu, and location in MP3 song.
- [SOURCE] Cleaned up Emulator class.